Monday, March 25, 2013

Time Keeps on Slipping........

So, our time in Europe is drawing to a close, and sadly so are my travels.  I can't believe that it has been over 3 1/2 years since we arrived here.  It seems like yesterday we arrived at the airport, a seven year old, a three month old and two dogs in tow!  We have tried to make the most of our time here, we have seen so much than I ever imagined we would!  Sadly though, our fun and carefree travel is giving way to financial responsibility, and I HATE it!  Not the being responsible part, just the no more fun trips part!  I can't wait to get back to the states, and start exploring with my kids, and show them their country, now that they have seen so much of the world, it seems kind of backwards to begin exploring our own backyard now!  BUT I won't let you down just yet!  


This past weekend, we were fortunate enough to be able to visit Garmisch one last time.  The weather was a bit hazy, so we didn't go up the Zugspitze, we did do some fun rock climbing around a great little waterfall we found in Austria.  Definitely good enough!  

I loved this waterfall - winter is hanging on so hard around here, and spring keeps poking her head around the corner just enough to keep you hopeful.  I loved the play here of the frozen falls, with the running falls adjacent.  This is a great roadside waterfall - the falls are less than a kilometer's walk from the road!


I really do love my family, they all indulge me and my photography.  I love destination trips, don't get me wrong - however, most of the time, I love the journey just as much!  So many times I have found amazing things right near the road, and they are often overlooked by others who are "just trying to get there."  Don't let the destination blind you from the journey!

So, what do you think?  Please, leave a comment, subscribe, share this - but I would love to hear from you in any way!  Where are your favorite roadside distractions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message, or ask a question, or share your story! Have an idea for where I should try and go next? Put it right here!