Monday, January 14, 2013

Since I've Been Gone. . .

I know, I have been away, I have been remiss, and I should do something to make up for it. . . I am sorry, really - wait, no I am NOT sorry!  the missing piece of the family came home last month after a long time away, and we have been enjoying our time together as a complete family unit again. While I may not be sorry for being away, I do feel guilty - and so, I shall make up for it.  No, really.  I am going to make up for it BIG time.  Our time is dwindling down here in Europe - and we are really making the most of it.  




In fact - as I type this right now, I am sitting in our castle turned hotel room in SCOTLAND!  Yes, lots of pictures coming, I promise.  We spent two days getting here, in crappy weather, and in the dark of night, but we got here finally!   Needless to say with 12 hours of driving, and 12 hours on a boat, I really haven't taken too many photos - but I have taken a few, and am even posting them, just to whet your appetite.



In case anyone is wondering how we have done this trip so far. . . the answer is "BY THE SEAT OF MY PANTS".  I am not kidding when I say this was last minute - I mean, I decided we (I) wanted to go on Thursday, and we left on Sunay!  We took a P&O Ferry from Rotterdam to Hull, England - we hit Rotterdam at night, so sadly, there are no pictures of that impressive city - talk about a big port - er.me.gerd!  Our ferry sailed overnight, so we all had a bunk on the ship, and crashed out, just in time to wake up in England - it is NOT a fancy cruise.  It is not a "comfortable" cruise - and it is most definetly not a "cheap" cruise - but it was workable, and it got us where we needed to go!


But, well, it's me.  Therefore, there must be snow!  Last month it snowed while we were staying at the beach in Rimini - and today, it snowed the entire way through England.  However, I kid you not, the minute we crossed into Scotland, the weather cleared, the skies blued, the snows melted, and it became a wonderful drive the rest of the way into our hotel, near Peebles.



I mean, COME ON - Look at this!  Simply beautiful!  

I have lots more to say, more pictures to take, and fun to have - so this will have to suffice in the mean time.  I promise I will do better about making this dragg with a ton of different pictures - I really will pick only the best, and hopefully no more than 5 per day.

We shall see.

Thank you for reading about all our wanderings!  As always, please leave a comment, share your experiences, ask a question!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message, or ask a question, or share your story! Have an idea for where I should try and go next? Put it right here!